Georgia Law Enforcement Personnel Dependents Grant
To assist the dependent children of Georgia law enforcement officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians, and prison guards who were permanently disabled or killed in the line of duty by providing grant funds toward the cost of attendance at eligible public or private postsecondary institutions in Georgia.
- Be the dependent child of a Georgia law enforcement officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician or prison guard who was permanently disabled or killed in the line of duty;
- Be enrolled in a Georgia public or private college/university or public technical college as a full-time undergraduate student seeking a college degree or technical certificate/diploma;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia; 12 months prior to receiving aid;
- Be a U.S. citizen or national of the U.S. or have evidence from INS of eligible permanent resident alien status;
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements;
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990;
- Not be in default or owe a refund on a student financial aid program;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress, as defined by the college.
For more information and to apply online, http://gacollege411.org/FinAid/ScholarshipsAndGrants/law_enforcement_dependents.asp