Gilbert Matching Student Grant Program
The Massachusetts Gilbert Matching Student Grant Program (GMSGP) makes funds available to participating Massachusetts' institutions of higher education and schools of nursing. At least one hundred percent of such funds must be used for direct financial assistance to needy Massachusetts's undergraduate students to enable them to attend or continue to attend such institutions.
To be eligible for a Massachusetts Gilbert Grant, a student must:
- Be a dependent student who is a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts and whose source of support is a parent who has been a permanent resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for the twelve months prior to the opening of the academic year; or an independent student who has been a permanent resident of the Commonwealth for the 12 months immediately preceding the opening of the academic year
- Be a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Not have earned a bachelor's or professional degree or their equivalent
- Not be in default of a federal or state education loan or owe a refund on any previously received financial aid
- Demonstrate financial aid need according to program guidelines
- Be maintaining satisfactory academic progress according to institutional and federal standards
- Be in compliance with applicable laws regarding Selective Service Registration
- Be enrolled full-time
- Not have earned a first diploma from a hospital or professional nursing program.
Contact your financial aid office for application requirements and deadlines. For more information, please visit our website.