Henry & Joyce W. Sumid Scholarship
The Henry and Joyce W. Sumid Scholarship is available to high school seniors and college students interested in studying theatre arts and whose legal residence is within these states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
Previous awardees are also eligible, regardless of location of legal residence.
The value of the scholarship is $5,000..
You must be able to demonstrate financial neediness to be eligible for a Sumid Scholarship.
1. Please submit a statement of financial need. Include specific information regarding:
- information on your anticipated income
- information on your savings or other assets that could be used towards tuition and other education costs
- monies that parents, guardians or others will provide for your education/further training
- the estimated costs of your education and/or normal living expenses
- any other pertinent information on your financial condition
2. Please submit a SAR (Student Aid Report) w/EFC (Expected Family Contribution)from the FAFSA, if available. If not available, please provide an explanation.
Social Security Numbers included on ANY documents must be blacked out. If SSN's are visible, the application will be rejected.
3. Please submit an essay of 500 words or less on why you think you deserve this scholarship.
4. Please submit a copy of your school/college transcript. You must be a student in good standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
5. Please submit 3 letters of recommendation - One letter of recommendation should be from a theatre instructor.
6. Please submit a resume.
For more information, please visit our website.