Iris-Samuel Rothman Scholarship
The Iris-Samuel Rothman Scholarship is an award for young men who have lost both parents.
This scholarship, in honor of a promising young man who died at age 22, is for a young man who has lost his mother and either has lost his father or does not have a father available to him. It is for students currently enrolled in or having been accepted to a New England college or university. The amount is variable depending on the qualification of the applicant. Five scholarships are available annually. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Additional information may be requested. Recipients will be notified within 60 days of receipt of application.
Please answer the following questions and submit a brief essay (one page or less) about yourself. Questions may be answered within the essay or separately. Picture is optional, as are any other support materials.
- Age when mother died and when father died or became unavailable
- People in your life currently serving as "surrogate parents"
- Personal and financial support system
- Personal and career goals
- Attributes of yours that you value
- Where you plan to be living next year
For more information, please visit our website.