Joe Francomano Scholarship
The Achievement Foundation, Inc., an independent not-for-profit organization, provides an annual award of $5,000 in memory of Joseph Francomano, a past president of JA. The award, which may be renewed for a total of four years, can be used at any accredited four-year college or university for any program leading to a baccalaureate degree.
Applicants must participate in either JA Company Program or JA Economics to be eligible for the scholarship but can plan to major in any field of study. Applicants are also required to:
- Be high school seniors graduating before June 30th
- Have minimum grade point averages of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit personal essays of 500 words or less (essays should address the prompt listed on our website)
- Have demonstrated leadership and excellent extracurricular and community activities
- Financial need
- Submit three recommendation letters - one from a JA Company Program or JA Economics consultant, one from local JA Staff Executive and one from a teacher or other school official.