NBPA Alphonso Deal Scholarship Award
The National Black Police Association is seeking to enhance higher education opportunities among qualified graduates. It is our desire that through this financial award a student (male or female) might be afforded the opportunity to have higher educational training in the academics of law enforcement, or other related areas, for the betterment of the criminal justice system.
Method of Selection
- All entries will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
- The winner will be chosen based on adherence to scholarship rules.
Rules for Scholarship Applicants
- Applicant must be a senior in high school.
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen.
- Applicant must be of good character.
- Applicant must have a recommendations from his/her principal, counselor, and teacher.
- A current high school transcript must be submitted with the application.
- A current picture. PICTURE MUST BE A SENIOR PICTURE. DO NOT SEND A PICTURE OF YOU AND ANOTHER PERSON. IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. NO PHOTOCOPIES. Pictures will NOT be returned.
- Applicant is permitted to attend a two-year college or university of their choice.
- Applicant must have a letter of acceptance to a college or university with applicant prior to date of award.
- ESSAY MUST BE AT LEAST 500 WORDS AND TYPED. HANDWRITTEN WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- In your own words, please state the course of study you plan to pursue and your general outlook as to future endeavors. Include community service you are involved in.
All rules must be followed or application will not be accepted. Deadline or entry is May 15th. Return application to:
National Black Police Association
3100 Main St. #256
Dallas, TX 75226
(855) 879-6272 (Call or Fax the NBPA Toll Free)