Northern Star Scouting recognizes youth with academic scholarships through the Eagle Scout Scholarship program. Scholarships are awarded to candidates who have demonstrated outstanding troop leadership, scholastic achievement and strong citizenship. Each year, between 20 and 25 Eagle Scouts are selected to receive scholarships.
- Number of Scholarships: Between 20 and 25 awarded each year
- Application Period: November 1 to January 2
- Applicant must have been registered the year of scholarship application or be currently registered with Northern Star Council, BSA.
- The Scout must have earned the Eagle Scout rank or have their Eagle Scout rank application verified as received at the national office by January 2.
- In cases where the Eagle Scout Board of Review is held after January 2 of the high school graduating year, the applicant may apply the following year as a college freshman.
- Access the online application during the open period from November 1 to January 2.
- Complete the application personally with the required information.
- Submit your application to be considered for this prestigious scholarship.
Awarded annually and reviewed by committee, the process is rigorous and competitive. Online Applications open November 1 and close January 2 of the following year. Award amounts will vary, so inquire with Northern Star for more details.