Project Yellow Light / Hunter Garner Scholarship
Project Yellow Light is a scholarship competition designed to bring about change. As an applicant, you have one clear mission: encourage other teens to develop and embrace safe driving habits. Specifically – don’t text and drive. The first-place winner will receive a scholarship in the amount of $2,000. The second-place winner will receive $500 and the third-place winner will receive $200. In addition to a scholarship, the winning video will be turned into an Ad Council PSA and will be distributed nationally to 1,600 TV stations.
People wait their entire lives to impact positive change on the world. Through this project, we are offering you that opportunity now. You can play a key role in spreading this important message because you can speak to your peers in a way that adults cannot. The more lives you can impact, the more lives you can save. We want to see your personal expression come through in your video. You can video yourself, a group of people, make a cartoon, do a music video - just keep it to a minute or less and make sure it’s in good taste.
Eligibility and Submissions:
- Applicants must be high school seniors who will complete graduation requirements by or before July 31st
- Submit your video along with your contact information on or before March 17th
- Videos must be submitted through the Project Yellow Light website
- Videos must be 60 seconds or less in length
- Finalists will be notified by April 26th; winners will be announced in May
For more information, please visit our website.