Richard T. Gates Engineering and Technology Scholarship
The Richard T. Gates Engineering and Technology Endowed Challenge Scholarship was established to assist worthy and able students in pursuing a bachelor of science degree in engineering or technology. Richard Gates graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 1952 with a degree in electrical engineering. In 1994 Mr. Gates created this scholarship and was actively involved in the selection of recipients until his death in 2005. The scholarship was endowed shortly thereafter to ensure the availability of awards in perpetuity.
- Attend an accredited school approved for federal Title IV funding (Pell grants, Stafford loans, PLUS loans)
- Have been born in Vermont
- Have parent(s) who are legal residents of Vermont
- Currently attend a Windham County high school or Springfield High School
- Seek a bachelor of science degree in engineering or technology (program must be accredited by the Accrediting Board for Engineering and Technology)
- Demonstrate academic achievement
- Demonstrate financial need
For more information, please visit our website.