Roma Lodge Merit Scholarships
Each year, Roma Lodge makes available two college scholarships for children of Roma Lodge members in good standing as of January 31st of that calendar year. These $4,000 scholarships cover four academic years in any accredited United States college or university of the recipient's choice. Payments are made in $1,000 increments during each year the student is enrolled. The recipient may choose any course of study leading to a recognized baccalaureate degree. The selection is administered through independent evaluators in the Racine - Kenosha area. In addition to the two $4,000 scholarships, the Lodge awards a maximum of three one-time $500 scholarships to the third, fourth, and fifth place rated scholarship applicants.
All biological or adoptive children of members in good standing as of January 31st of that calendar year are eligible to compete for the scholarship. It is necessary that the father of the recipient continue to be a member in good standing for the duration of the scholarship.
- The student selected must have taken a high school college preparatory course of study.
- Demonstrated a commendable academic record which will qualify for admission to the college university of their choice.
- Demonstrated positive citizenship and leadership qualities through participation in school and community activities.
- Show potential for higher academic success by achieving ACT or SAT scores acceptable to the college or university of their choice.
- High school academic performance - 50%; extra - curricular activities - 25%; community activities (employments, church activities, volunteer activities) - 25%
Financial need will not be considered during the selection process.
Scholarship applications are available beginning in February of each year. Contact the Roma Lodge Recording Secretary for more information.