The SAPA Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program was established by the Sino-American Pharmaceutical Professionals Association (SAPA) in 1999. Over the past years, SAPA has become a major pharmaceutical professional organization with 4,000 members and three chapters in the Northeast and West Coast.
The Foundation is supported by the Sino-American Pharmaceutical Professionals Association Scholarship and Excellence in Education for Life Sciences Fund. Funding for awards and administrative expenses is derived from investment on the Trust Fund.
The Foundation will award undergraduate scholarships to outstanding students, known as SAPA Scholars, in July for use during their freshman year. The awards will be made on the basis of merit to those who have outstanding potential and intend to pursue careers in life sciences. Each scholarship awards a one-time fund of minimal $1000 towards tuition payment. The scholarship is merit-based and open to national competition. The Trustees intend to award two or more SAPA Scholarships each year. Nominees for SAPA Scholarships must include in their application materials a statement of interest in pursuing a career related to life sciences.
To be considered for nomination as a SAPA Scholar, a student must:
- Be a high school senior who is planning to attend a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited four-year college/university with a major related to life sciences
- Have a GPA above 3.3, a minimum SAT score of 2000 and be in the top 10 of the class
- Be a United States citizen, or a legal resident alien (please submit a photocopy of the Alien Registration Card)
All applications must include:
- An essay by the student describing why you want to pursue a career in life sciences (approximately 600 words)
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers who can discuss the nominee's potential for a career in life sciences (including a teacher in the applicant's field of study and another who can attest the nominee's potential)
- List of all awards received
- List of Advanced Placement or Honors courses with grades
Please send ALL the application materials, including two SEALED recommendation letters, in one package to SAPA.
Application Deadline: May 15th (postmark)