Margaret Gosfield College Grant
Margaret lives her life in service to gifted students. She has been a teacher, a district program coordinator, an educational consultant and a regional advocacy leader. She has served on the Board of Directors of the California Association for the Gifted for more than 20 years. Intellectual and Artistic passion are very important to Margaret. She believes it is passion that epitomizes the character of who a gifted child is. This passion should be validated and celebrated within each of you.
This scholarship is more than GPA's and honors received in school. It is intended for gifted students who are entering a college or university and have a passion beyond the academics; an intellectual or artistic passion that drives them to succeed beyond the classroom. It is meant to fuel the intellectual and artistic passion within each student without regard to the financial status of their parents.
To be eligible for this award:
1. Student must currently be in grade 11 or 12, and attending classes in a recognized California educational setting.
(Juniors expecting to participate in an early entrance program at a participating college or university are eligible.)
2. Student must be planning to enter a recognized school of advanced education during the 2014-2015 school year.
3. Student must demonstrate outstanding achievement in a chosen area of talent or giftedness.
1. Complete student application form with all of the following required documentation attached:
- Essay of one to three pages (using size 12 font, double-spaced) describing the student’s intellectual or artistic passion including:
- how applicant became interested in this particular intellectual or artistic area.
- what experiences the applicant has had related to this passion.
- how the applicant’s chosen plan of study will further develop this outstanding achievement.
- Sample of demonstrated excellence in area of gift or talent (portfolio, school or sample projects, honors awarded, etc.). Printed material limited to five pages. CDs, videos, audio tape limited to five minutes. Materials submitted will not be returned.
- Two official letters of reference from non-family members.
- Official school transcript of grades.
- A stamped, self-addressed postcard if confirmation of receipt of application is desired.
2. Student must be nominated by a teacher, mentor or a member of a gifted association.
For more information, please visit our website.