The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is a substantial undergraduate scholarship for high-achieving high school seniors with financial need. It aims to support students attending top four-year colleges and universities in the nation. Beyond financial aid, Cooke Scholars receive comprehensive educational advising, cohort-based programming, graduate school funding, and access to a network of nearly 3,200 fellow scholars and alumni.
- Significant coverage of educational expenses including tuition, living expenses, books, and required fees. Award amounts vary, with the possibility of providing up to $55,000 per year.
- Freedom to pursue any field of study at an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Personalized advising for college selection and financial aid navigation.
- Comprehensive guidance on transitioning to and maximizing the college experience.
- Must be a high school senior planning to graduate from a U.S. high school.
- Intending to enroll full-time in an accredited four-year college in the fall.
- A minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Financial need: Families with annual gross income up to $95,000 are considered, with a median family income of about $40,000 among last year’s recipients.
- Academic and leadership potential assessed through academic records, recommendations, and personal essays.
- Two academic recommendations required, one from an 11th-grade core subject teacher and the second from a teacher or professor acquainted with the applicant's academic performance since 9th grade.
- One counselor recommendation through the Common App, with an option for a principal or other school official if no counselor is available.
- Submission of a School Report or School Profile and unofficial transcripts through the Common App, with potential request for official transcripts at the semifinalist stage.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is dedicated to identifying and nurturing high school seniors with exceptional academic and leadership abilities who face financial barriers. This comprehensive scholarship program provides more than financial support; it offers resources and opportunities to excel in college and beyond.