SME Education Foundation Family Scholarship
The SME Education Foundation seeks to support the children or grandchildren of SME members, and to encourage their pursuit of careers in manufacturing engineering and technology. This highly competitive scholarship, made possible by the E. Wayne Kay Scholarship Fund, will be awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence and an interest in manufacturing engineering or related technology.
- Applicants must have at least one parent or grandparent who has been an SME member in good standing for the last two years (includes step-mothers and step-fathers)
- Applicants may be either graduating high school seniors or undergraduate students with up to 30 credit hours completed
- Applicants must pursue a degree in manufacturing engineering, manufacturing engineering technology, or a closely related engineering field of study at an accredited college or university the United States or Canada
- Applicants must enroll full-time at the college or university of his or her choice
- Applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale