Tennessee Cattlemen's Association Beef Scholarships
Two scholarships of $500 will be awarded to outstanding students who are pursuing careers in the beef industry. Fields of study may include: education, communications, production, research or any other area involved with the beef industry. The purpose of this program is to identify and encourage talented and thoughtful students who will emerge as industry leaders.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior or full-time undergraduate student enrolled at a two- or four-year institution in Tennessee for the upcoming school year.
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to a career in the beef industry through classes, internships or life experiences.
- Previous scholarship winners are eligible to apply in subsequent years but preference will be given to new applications.
The Tennessee Cattlemen’s Association will administer the program and choose a panel of judges to review the essays and select the winners. Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, grammar, clarity of expression, accuracy, relevance of topic and the solutions offered. Judges decisions are final. The Tennessee Cattle Business reserve the right to publish all or any parts of the essays submitted. The following percentages of the total score will be used to evaluate the application:
- Essay – 50%
- Activity in 4-H, FFA or TCYA-40%
- References – 10%
1. You must be enrolled as an undergraduate student in a two or four-year institution of higher education for the entire coming academic year. Scholarship money will be paid directly to the university to be applied towards student’s expenses.
2. Essay - write an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue confronting the beef industry in Tennessee and offer your solution.
3 References - obtain two letters of reference from current or former instructors or industry professionals.
4. Provide examples of participation in 4-H, FFA or TCYA.
5. Must be a member of TCYA or parents or grandparents must be a member of TCA.
6. Application must be received by July 1st.