The Pittsburg Promise Scholarship
The Pittsburgh Promise is a visionary scholarship program to help students graduating from the Pittsburgh Public Schools to pursue further education after high school, and to enhance the growth, stability, and economic development of the Pittsburgh Region.
The Pittsburgh Promise can help you reach your goal. If you're a student in the Pittsburgh Public Schools, all you have to do is dream big and work hard. The Pittsburgh Promise will give you a scholarship to help pay for an education after high school. We promise.
The Pittsburgh Promise is available to all graduates of the Pittsburgh Public Schools and charters, regardless of financial need or income. To be eligible to receive a scholarship from The Promise, students must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from Pittsburgh Public Schools or one of its charter high schools
- Be a student in the district and a resident of Pittsburgh continuously since at least the 9th grade
- Earn a minimum of 2.5 GPA
- Maintain a minimum of 90% attendance record
- Earn admission to any public or private post-secondary school that is covered by The Pittsburgh Promise
- Fill out and submit a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) form
- Complete The Pittsburgh Promise scholarship application.
Applications are available from your guidance counselor, The Promise office, and the Pittsburg Promise website.