The Spirit of American Youth Scholarship
The Caruso Affiliated Spirit of American Youth Scholarship will be awarded to two graduating high school seniors who attend a public or private school in the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys. Qualifying students will exhibit academic potential, provide examples of how they've contributed to the betterment of their communities, and complete an essay based on how they would invest in their communities to create a brighter future for the next generation. The value of each scholarship is $10,000.
The awarded scholarship funds are to be used solely towards cost of tuition at an accredited college or university, and not be applied to books, room and board, etc. The scholarship will be awarded in its totality directly to the school that the scholar has chosen to attend.
Students are eligible to be considered for the Spirit of American Youth scholarship if they:
- Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 (weighted grades may be used)
- Will be enrolling for the first time at a United States accredited college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student in the upcoming fall semester
- Are a high school senior currently attending a public or private high school in the San Gabriel Valley or San Fernando Valley, including the following communities: Glendale, Montrose, Pasadena, Arcadia, Eagle Rock, La Canada, La Crescenta, Los Feliz, San Marino, Toluca Lake, Burbank, Studio City, Sherman Oaks and Encino
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
- Have completed and submitted all required forms by the deadline (forms available online)
Current and past associates of Caruso Affiliated and their relatives are not eligible for participation in The Spirit of American Youth Scholarship. For more information or additional questions, please visit our website.