Vermont Grocers' Association Scholarship
The Vermont Grocers' Association Scholarship is awarded to a student entering post secondary education. Student must be a dependent or an employee of a member business of the Vermont Grocers' Association.
Applicant must be:
- a graduating high school senior planning to attend an accredited two or four-year postsecondary school *OR* has received a high school diploma and plans to attend an accredited two- or four-year postsecondary school for the first time in the fall
- a Vermont resident Or affiliated with a VGA member in Vermont
- demonstrate financial need and file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than four weeks prior to the scholarship deadline listed below; (three of the awards will be judged on merit only)
Applicant must also meet one or more of the following conditions:
- Be the dependent of a VGA associate or retail member store/company owner or employee located in or with responsibility for Vermont.
- Be an employee of a VGA retail member store/associate member company in Vermont
- Be employed a minimum of 15 hours per week or 750 hours per year
- Have been employed at a VGA retail member store or member company for a minimum of one year at the time the student applies for this scholarship