Washington State Association for Justice's Presidents' Scholarship
The Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) created the WSAJ Presidents’ Scholarship Fund in 1991. Scholarships are awarded annually, averaging $2,000. There may be one or more recipients chosen. Scholarship winners are selected based on the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated academic achievement and planned advancement toward a degree in an institution of higher learning.
2. A documented need for financial assistance.
3. A history of achievement despite having been a victim of injury or overcoming a disability, handicap, or similar challenge.
4. A record of commitment to helping people in need or protecting the rights of injured persons.
5. A plan or commitment to apply your education toward helping people.
6. Residency in Washington State.
7. High school seniors only.
Application for this scholarship must be made as follows. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered:
1. Send a letter (written by the student/applicant) to the scholarship committee describing the qualifications of the applicant and explaining the reasons why he or she feels they deserve the scholarship.
- All high school and community college academic transcripts;
- The name, address, and telephone number of two (2) references, at least one of which must be outside of the school environment;
- A brief written financial statement indicating what resources are available to the student and why this scholarship is necessary to fund the student’s college education (copies of FAFSA are acceptable);
- Name, address, telephone number and email (if they have one) of the applicant;
- Any other documentation the applicant wishes to attach in support of their qualifications and;
- A completed “Application Checklist” form.
Deadline: March 14th (Applications must be postmarked on or before this date.)
Mail to: Susan West, WSAJ Presidents’ Scholarship, 1809 7th Ave. #1500, Seattle, WA 98101.
Questions? Call Susan West at 206-464-1011 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship awards will be made directly to the recipient’s chosen institution of higher learning, to be applied toward tuition, room, board or fees. By accepting funds from the WSAJ Scholarship Program, the recipient agrees without any limitation or further compensation or notice that WSAJ may use the recipient’s name and likeness in any and all media for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Scholarship Program.