Wilmington Women in Business Fresh Start Scholarship
The Fresh Start Scholarship Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, was established by the Wilmington Women in Business in 1996 to provide financial incentive and mentoring assistance to a woman returning to school to improve her life and opportunities. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, or national origin.
- Be female.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be at least 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have had at least a two year break in education either after completing high school or during post-secondary (college) studies.
- Be admitted to (or currently enrolled) in an accredited Delaware college in a two or four year degree program at the undergraduate level. (Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply.).
- Be recommended by a Social Service Agency (or if a Social Service Agency is not available, by a College Representative).
- Have at least a C average if currently enrolled in college.
- Certify financial need.
- Submit a completed application including a personal statement