WPS Foundation College Scholarship
This scholarship provides graduating high school seniors an opportunity to continue their education at an accredited college or university offering a bachelor's degree program.
Please note: Applicants for the College Scholarship who are planning to attend University of Wisconsin - Madison and major in business or engineering are also automatically considered for the Paul D. Ziemer Scholarship and need make no further application; applicants who are planning to attend Marquette University or St. Norbert College majoring in engineering or business are also automatically considered for the Wayne J. Peterson Memorial Scholarship and only need to fill out one application.
- Be the son/daughter of a customer with a primary residence in Wisconsin Public Service Corporation or Upper Peninsula Power Company territory, or the son/daughter of a WPS Resources employee
- Attend a college or university accredited by a regional or state accrediting agency listed in the latest edition of the Higher Education Directory
- Complete his or her high school graduation requirements in the year of application
- Enter college by September of the year of application
- Be in the upper 10 percent of his or her graduation class (scholastically)
Scholarship award recipients can receive a maximum renewable award of $1,000 per year for four years, if they attend one of the approved colleges in Wisconsin or Upper Michigan.
In addition, awards may be used at any of the 13 two-year campuses of the University of Wisconsin Center System, provided the intention is to transfer and obtain a bachelor's degree.
Scholarship recipients attending colleges or universities not on this list will receive a one-year honorary award of $500.
Students may accept other scholarship awards; however, all awards must be reported to Scholarship Assessment Service.