AISI/AIST FoundationPremier Scholarship
The American Iron and Steel Institute and the Association for Iron and Steel Technology Foundation have joined together to create the AISI/AISTPremier Scholarship to increase the number of students studying engineering in North America, and to encourage such students to pursue careers in the iron and steel industry upon graduation.
One (1) one-year scholarship of US $10,000 will be awarded to an engineering student. The scholarship will include a paid internship with a North American steel company during the summer. Provided there is satisfactory performance by the student, both academically and in the internship, the student will be awarded US $10,000 towards tuition following the internship. The AISI/AIST Foundation Premier Scholarship is awarded to the top-scoring applicant of all FeMET and StEEL scholarships applications received.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate engineering program at an accredited North American university in the current school year
- Applicant must have an expected graduation date during the next calendar year
- Applicant should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant should have a demonstrated interest in the iron and steel industry
- Applicant must be eligible for employment at a steel company in the country he/she is in school during the upcoming summer; satisfying the employment criteria in the appropriate country is the responsibility of the applicant and applicants unable to accept the summer internship will not be considered
- Applicant must commit to a paid summer internship at a North American steel company to be eligible for this scholarship
- Applicant must receive a “satisfactory” internship performance review from the steel company, and maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA, to be eligible for year two of this scholarship
For more information, please visit our website.