Berry Quality of Life Youth Leadership Scholarship
Established in 2011 to honor the Berry’s long history of volunteer work within the community of Carmichael, the Berry Quality of Life Youth Leadership Scholarship identifies, rewards and promotes outstanding community service efforts and demonstrations of leadership by a high school student.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate and judge applications:
- Proven track record of volunteering within the Carmichael Community (list groups)
- Type of service rendered: Has the applicant actively participated in a role or in support of several events or programs?
- Length of service: How long has the applicant been actively involved with an event or program? If this is the first year, what exemplified his or her volunteer service?
- Level of commitment: How much time, hands-on effort, or emotional investment has the applicant committed to the event(s) or program(s)?
- Impact on the Carmichael Community: In what way is it evident that the volunteer has made lasting improvements or has affected positive change? Who has benefited and how?
- Obstacles/challenges applicant overcame: What personal or academic challenges or obstacles did the nominee overcome to achieve his or her volunteer goals?
- One $500 scholarship is available to a student attending a public or independent school located in Carmichael, CA, and/or who resides within the Carmichael Water District Service Area who is currently enrolled in and attending the 12th grade or is currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution.
- Has completed a minimum of 130 hours of community service activities by the application deadline.
- Student must have a cumulative weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Pending acceptance or enrollment confirmation to a post-secondary institution (required for receipt of scholarship).
- Immediate relatives of Carmichael Water District staff or its Board of Directors are not eligible.
- While changes are not anticipated the District reserves the right to change or modify the rules at any time. The District reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend or reschedule this award.