New Mexico College Affordability Grant
The purpose of the College Affordability Grant is to encourage New Mexico students with financial need, who do not qualify for other state grants or scholarships, to attend and complete educational programs at a public New Mexico college or university.
How much is the award?
* Maximum of $1,000 per semester
* Renewable if student maintains satisfactory progress
* May receive scholarship for a total of eight (8) consecutive semesters
What are the eligibility requirements?
* New Mexico residents
* Attend a public New Mexico college or university
* Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
* May not be receiving any other state grants and scholarships.
* Enroll at least half-time (6 credit hours)
To apply, each applicant is required to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Contact the Financial Aid Office at the college or university to inquire about the application process.
For more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at your school or university or visit http://fin.hed.state.nm.us/content.asp?CustComKey=194785&CategoryKey=195123&pn=Page&DomName=fin.hed.state.nm.us