NEWH Houston Chapter Scholarship
- You must be attending an accredited institution of higher learning
- You must have completed one half of the requirements for a degree or certification in the program which you are currently enrolled
- You must show financial need
- You must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- You must have a career objective in one of the areas of the hospitality industry (i.e., hotel/restaurant management, culinary/foodservice, architecture, interior design, etc.)
Please attach the following:
- Student essay, to include:
- Background of yourself and your experience
- Your goals and objectives after graduation
- What prompted you to choose this career?
- Do you feel you made a contribution to your school program or fellow students through leadership or participation?
- Why is obtaining this scholarship important to you?
- If your application is not accepted, what plans do you have for financing?
- One project reflecting your skills on CD Format (a hospitality-related project is preferred, but not required)
- Official Transcript
- Letters of recommendation from professor, advisor and/or department head
- Letters from industry professionals, employers, etc.