NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP)
The NIH Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (UGSP) helps students launch their careers on the cutting-edge of biomedical, behavioral and social science health-related research.
- Up to $20,000 a year in scholarship support
- Paid research training at the NIH during the summer and after graduation
- Mentoring, research experience, career guidance and skill development
- You must be a U.S. citizen, national or qualified non-citizen
- You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at a four-year, accredited undergraduate institution
- You must have a 3.5 GPA or higher or be in the top 5% of your class
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
The NIH is the world’s largest biomedical research institution and is the Federal Government’s focal point for medical research.
Annual deadline: March 1st
Note: In addition to the UGSP, the NIH offers a number of other training opportunities.