U.S. Air Force College Loan Repayment Program
The College Loan Repayment Program (CLRP) is for all non-prior service persons considering enlistment in the Air Force. If you have taken some college courses and have accumulated debt, this program may be for you. Participants must sign up for this program when signing the enlistment contract. Under CLRP, the repayment maximum is $10,000 per recruit.
The loan must be entered into before going joining the military. The following loans qualify for the College Loan Repayment Program:
- Auxiliary Loan Assistance for Students (ALAS)
- Stafford Student Loan, formerly know as the Guaranteed Student Loan (GSL)
- Parents Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS); must be incurred for the use of the individual contracting for the program (not others such as relatives)
- Consolidated Loan Program (only covers the member's education expenses)
- Federally Insured Student Loans (FISL)
- Perkins Loan, formerly known as the National Direct Student Loan (NDSL)
- Supplemental Loans for Students (SLS)
For more information, please visit our website.