Victor & Verna Johnson Scholarship
Fund Background: The Victor and Verna Johnson Scholarship Fund was established with a gift from the Verna Johnson Estate in the year 2008. Victor and Verna Johnson farmed near Hoople and later resided in Park River during their retirement. They were both active in the Zion Lutheran Church of rural Hoople. Verna served as the Organist for the Church for 50 years. Victor and Verna both served on numerous local boards and volunteer positions. In addition, they were donors to a number of local projects and programs including the Park River First Care Health Center and the Park River Community Endowment Fund. The Fund will financially assist students from Walsh County North Dakota to continue their education.
Eligibility Requirements: Priority for Recipients shall be based on the following:
1. Recipient must be a graduate of a Walsh County High School
2. First priority is for students from the Park River/Hoople area.
3. Academic achievement and financial need shall be considered in awarding the scholarship.
4. Recipient must enroll as a full-time student (12 credit hours/semester).
5. Students must be in the last two years of the educational process (Junior or Senior in college).
6. Awards are made for the fall semester.