WIIT Charitable Trust scholarship program
The WIIT Charitable Trust is a 501(c)(3) organization. It was created in 2001 to fund charitable, scientific, and educational activities in international trade. Its mission is to promote public knowledge and understanding of international trade and international business and strengthen the role of women therein by being a valued source of information and by globally sponsoring research, educational programs, and information-sharing activities. Our members are engaged in a variety of international trade careers, including business, U.S. and foreign government, and non-profit organizations.
The WIIT Charitable Trust scholarship program is designed to provide financial assistance to further educational objectives of women who are interested in international development, international relations, international trade, international economics, or international business.
In order to apply, you must write an essay on the following topic: “What are the major economic implications of the U.S. establishing Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) status for Russia?”
The essay should develop the theme in an academic manner and, at a minimum, address the following questions/issues:
- Explain the term “Permanent Normal Trade Relations” (PNTR).
- Explain how the United States established a trade relations status with Russia in the past.
- Explain what steps have been taken recently to change the status in this regard and why.
- Discuss the economic importance to the United States of establishing PNTR with Russia.
- What are the major economic implications to Russia?
Two scholarships of $1,500 each (one for an undergraduate female student and one for a graduate female student) for the summer or fall semester and spring semester of the coming academic year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria. No exceptions will be considered.
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part- time; undergraduate and graduate students are eligible - undergraduates must be between 17 and 22 years old, and graduate students must be between 23 and 30 years old
- Demonstrated interest in international development, international relations, international trade, international economics, or international business
Essays should be submitted by email only to email@example.com (no hard copies) with "Submission for WIIT TRUST Essay Writing Contest" in the subject line. Your e-mail accompanying the entry must include the following:
- Full Name (as in passport)
- Citizenship / Permanent Residency
- Current Mailing Address
- Current Email address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Name of University
- Name of Faculty/Department/School
- Level of Study (Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD)
- Year of Study
- Title of Essay
- Word count (excluding footnotes and bibliography)
The decisions of the WIIT Trust’s judging panel are final. The WIIT Trust reserves the right to disqualify any essay submission that does not conform to the above stipulated guidelines. To read the "Terms and Conditions" and to download the application form, please visit our website.