Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship
Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship of $6,000 is available for award to one or more undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in full-time study preparing for a career in state and local government finance. The winner, if one is selected, will be invited to attend the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada’s (GFOA)annual conference in San Antonio, Texas in May, where the award will be presented. The GFOA will provide a complimentary annual conference registration and pay for transportation costs to San Antonio as well as hotel accommodations.
- Currently a full-time student in an undergraduate or graduate accounting program preparing for a career in state and local government finance
- Undergraduate students must be in the process of completing at least their junior year by the time the scholarship is awarded
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- Recommendation by student’s academic adviser or the chair of the accounting program
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the GFOA