Benjamin C Blackburn Scholarship
The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum (a partner of the Morris County Park Commission)awards one or more scholarships totaling $2000 for County College of
Morris students enrolled in the Landscape Technology program. This scholarship fund was established to honor Dr. Benjamin C. Blackburn, an outstanding leader in the field of Botany. He was a Professor of Botany at Drew University in Madison, New Jersey and a well-known writer in his field. Professor Blackburn’s interest and professional support was a great help to the Arboretum and to the Friends during their fledgling years. The Benjamin C. Blackburn Scholarship Fund is administered by the Board of Trustees of The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum.
Eligibility requirements include:
- New Jersey residency
- Completion of at least 24 college credits in related coursework
- An academic average equivalent of 3.0 or higher
- A declared major and planned career in Horticulture, Botany or related field
- Enrollment in the Landscape Technology program at County College of Morris
- The ability to speak briefly about your horticultural accomplishments, interests and career plans at The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum’s Annual Meeting on June 12th in
Morristown, New Jersey
Payment of the scholarship is made directly to the institution that the scholarship recipient attends.