Screen Actors Guild John L. Dales Scholarship Fund - Standard Scholarships
Applicants for scholarship awards of the John L. Dales Scholarship Fund will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a member of the Screen Actors Guild, or the child of a member.
- The member applying with the Standard application and is under the age of 22 must have been a member in good standing for five years and have a lifetime earnings of $30,000 earned in the Guild’s jurisdiction.
- The member parent whose child is applying with the Standard application must have 10 years of vested pension credits OR a lifetime earnings of $150,000 earned in the Guild’s jurisdiction.
- Applicant shall submit a transcript of all high school, college and university courses and evaluations, SAT scores, and any other relevant information regarding prior academic history and achievement, including extracurricular activities. (Note: If applicant is a junior and has received prior Dales scholarships, they need not submit their high school transcripts and SAT scores.)
- Applicant shall submit a copy of their Federal Income Tax Returns for applicant and parents, including Schedules A, B & D.
- Applicant shall submit as essay of 350 to 750 words on a topic of their choice. A new essay is required each time the applicant applies.
- Applicant shall submit two personal letters of recommendation. (Letters should not come from family members or relatives.) New letters of recommendation are required each time they applicant applies.