Minority Teacher Education Scholarship
The Minority Teacher Education Scholarship is designed to attract and retain students that are interested in becoming a teacher in the state of Florida. The scholarship is administered at 33 participating colleges and universities throughout the state. Special consideration is given to community college students.
Individuals who are selected for the MTES must:
* Be a resident of the State of Florida.
* Be a member of one of the following racial groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaskan Native.
* Be newly admitted into a teacher education program at any of FFMT's participating universities/colleges.
* Be a junior and have not earned a baccalaureate degree in education.
* Have earned 60 credit hours or an AA degree.
* Have not exceeded 18 hours of upper division education courses at the time of application.
* The annual amount of the Minority Teacher Education Scholarship is $4,000.
* Awards are only disbursed during the Fall and Spring semesters, in the amount of $2,000 per semester.
* Students may be eligible to receive the scholarship for up to two consecutive years.