The UFVA sponsored Carole Fielding Student Grants are not tuition-based scholarships. Rather, they are grants for production or research proposals. The scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students in film and television. Faculty sponsors must be UFVA members or must be from UFVA member institutions. Categories are narrative, documentary, experimental, animation, multimedia, and research.
For production proposals:
-Narrative: a copy of the script (limit: 30 minutes)
-Documentary: a short treatment (limit: 45 minutes)
-Experimental/Animation/New Media: a treatment or script, and/or a storyboard
For Research proposals: A description of the methodology to be employed and a statement indicating the relationship of the proposed study to previous research in the field. (Maximum award $1,000)
Research proposals must include a single pdf file containing your answers to these questions:
1. A description of research proposal: (not more than 500 words)
2. How does your research fit within the discipline? (not more than 500 words) That is, what other work has been done in this area? How does your proposal expand on existing research?
3. Description of research activities: (not more than 500 words)
4. Proposed budget: (Be sure to include any required travel, in-kind contributions, etc.).
5. The anticipated outcome of the research: What do you plan to do with the findings of your research? (not more than 500 words)
For more information or to apply, please visit the scholarship provider's website.