NTA Québec Scholarship
To be eligible for the NTA Québec Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- permanent resident of Canada
- permanent resident of Quebec
- full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a travel-and-tourism- or hospitality-related program of study; or full-time graduate student enrolled in a travel-and-tourism- or hospitality-related program of study, who can demonstrate a clear focus on and commitment to the tourism-subject area
- enrolled at a college or university in the United States or Canada
- cumulative , or overall, 3.0 grade point average (GPA), or greater, on a U. S. 4.0 scale
- enrolled at an accredited three-year school (for Quebec), and will be entering third year in the fall of the calendar year of application, and will have completed 60 credit hours at the end of the semester or term; or enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university, and will be entering senior year in the fall of the calendar year of application, and will have completed a minimum of 90 credit hours by the end of this semester or term; or enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university, and entering any year of graduate study in the fall of the calendar year of application.
- Canadian passport as proof of citizenship, or Canadian Alien Registration Card as proof of permanent residency
- Quebec driver’s license as proof of permanent province residency
- evaluation and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or teacher in your field of study
- evaluation and letter of recommendation from an industry professional you worked for; the industry must be related to your field of study
- Essay: If undergraduate level student, or graduate level student: Please address one of the following topics: future of international inbound tourism, impact of technology on distribution channels, impact of social media on consumer communications for a destination, challenges to group travel of changing demographics and lifestyles, impact of mass tourism on visited communities, sustainable tourism, niche marketing, culture and heritage tourism, or learning and enrichment travel. Mention any awards or commendations you have received relating to the travel and tourism or hospitality industry.
- official transcript
Please visit the Tourism Cares Scholarships website for more information and to access the online application by 5 p.m. EST April 9th.