The American Express Scholarship Program, established in 1987 and funded by the American Express Foundation, aims to recognize and encourage academic excellence among the dependent children of American Express employees. This scholarship opportunity provides financial support for undergraduate education at accredited colleges or universities in the U.S. and Canada.
To be eligible for the American Express Scholarship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Dependent children of active, regular, full-time U.S. employees, U.S.-assigned staff, or Canadian employees of American Express are eligible.
• Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee’s household or primarily supported by the employee.
2. Academic Status:
• Current high school seniors planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college or university in the fall following graduation.
• Students in their junior year who plan to graduate early may also apply.
Recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
1. Academic Record:
• Evaluation of academic achievements.
2. Leadership and Participation:
• Assessment of leadership and participation in school and community activities.
3. Work Experience:
• Consideration of work experience.
4. Statement of Goals and Aspirations:
• Review of the student's statement of goals and aspirations.
5. Unusual Circumstances:
• Consideration of unusual personal or family circumstances.
6. Online Recommendation:
• Submission of an online recommendation form.
• Recipients demonstrating financial need may receive an award ranging from $2,000 to $4,000, renewable for up to three years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned.
• Recipients with no financial need or incomplete financial data may receive a one-time honorarium of $750.
As part of the application, applicants must provide a current, complete transcript of grades and an online recommendation. The application process should be completed online, and all required materials must be submitted electronically.
The deadline for application submission is February 8th, at 4:00 pm Central Time.
The American Express Scholarship Program stands as a testament to the commitment of American Express to academic achievement and the educational pursuits of its employees' dependents. If you meet the eligibility criteria, consider applying to access valuable financial support for your undergraduate education.