CSPJ Foundation Bob Eddy Scholarship Program to Foster Journalism Careers
Sponsored by the Connecticut Society of Professional Journalists Foundation, Inc., the Bob Eddy Scholarship Program offers one $2,500 award, one $1,500 award, one $1,000 award and two $500 awards.
To apply for the scholarship students must:
- Be start their college junior or senior year in the fall
- Attend a four-year accredited college in Connecticut or be a Connecticut resident enrolled in a four-year college in any state or country (YOU MUST HAVE A CONNECTION TO CONNECTICUT)
- Provide registrar-signed transcripts of all academic courses completed in advanced study following high school
- Fill out an application form
- Submit writing samples, tapes or related work in any media that shows an interest and competency in journalism
- Write a 500-word essay, double-spaced and typed. Tell us why you want to become a journalist, describing your career goals and how the scholarship would help you realize them. Be specific about how the award would offset your expenses and how it relates to other financial support you receive.