Valley Press Club Scholarship
Each year, the Valley Press Club gives away five $1,000 scholarships to students interested in pursuing a career in journalism. To be eligible, students must be high school seniors residing in western Massachusetts and northern Connecticut. Career goals, writing ability, scholastic aptitude, overall achievement and financial need will be considered.
The five awards include:
- Valley Press Club Scholarship: an awards for students interested in print or broadcast journalism.
- Republican Scholarship: an award for students interested in print journalism
- Channel 22 Scholarship: an award for students interested in broadcast journalism
- Edward J. Malley, Jr. Memorial Scholarship: an award for students interested in photojournalism
- Al Jaffe Scholarship: an award for students interested in broadcast journalism or sports journalism
Students will need to submit:
- A completed application
- A copy of their financial aid form and parent’s adjusted gross income page - A high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation
- A resume
- One to three examples of journalistic work
Applications for the upcoming competition are due on April 1st of each year. For more information, please visit our website.