Terry Albee Memorial Scholarship
The Terry Albee Memorial Scholarship was established by family and friends to honor Terry’s work as a journalist and his love for music. Terry spent his career as a newspaper reporter and editor, working at both the Caledonia Record and Newport Daily News. A 1958 graduate of Newport High School, Terry served two years in the navy prior to attending Boston University’s School of Journalism. Terry’s passion was music, in particular, jazz. Throughout his life, Terry inspired the same love for music in both of his sons.
- Attend an accredited school approved for federal Title IV funding (Pell grants, Stafford loans, PLUS loans)
- Reside in one of 12 towns served by North Country Union High School (Brighton, Charleston, Coventry, Derby, Holland, Jay, Lowell, Morgan, Newport City, Newport Town, Troy, and Westfield); preference given to college juniors and seniors who are residents of Newport City and Newport Town
- Seek a degree in the performing arts or communications (preference given to students seeking a degree in music or journalism)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate education/work ethic
For more information, please visit our website.