American Society for Enology and Viticulture Scholarships
The American Society for Enology and Viticulture annually awards numerous scholarships to students pursuing a degree in enology, viticulture, or a curriculum emphasizing a science basic to the wine and grape industry. The awards are not in predetermined amounts and may vary from year to year.
The Society does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, religion, gender, or physical/mental disabilities. The Society has no affiliation with the University of California or other institutions that may also offer scholarship programs. Previous applicants and recipients are eligible to reapply each year in open competition with new applicants.
To be eligible for this awardm applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Undergraduate and graduate students must be enrolled in or accepted into a full-time accredited four-year college or university in a degree program such as for a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D.
- The applicant must reside in North America (Canada, Mexico, or USA). Applicants should have a minimum of junior status for the upcoming academic year (45 semester units/60 quarter units)
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and graduate students must have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2. GPA’s calculated through the most recently completed semester or quarter will be used; current quarter or semester pending grades are not applicable (undergraduate and graduate student applicants will be rated on a separate basis)
- Applicants must be enrolled in a major, or in a graduate group, emphasizing enology or viticulture, or in a curriculum emphasizing a science basic to the wine and grape industry
- Completed application packets must be received by March 1st