Oklahoma Future Teachers Scholarship Program
The Future Teachers Scholarship Program was established by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education as an incentive to encourage the preparation of teachers in critical shortage areas in the public schools of Oklahoma.
To be eligible for this award, applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The student must be a resident of Oklahoma
- The student must be nominated by the college in which they are enrolled on the basis of one of the following criteria: cumulative high school grade point average ranking in the top 15 percent of his or her high school graduating class; ACT or SAT score ranking in the top 15 percent for high school graduates of the same year; admission to a professional education program at an accredited Oklahoma institution of higher education; OR an undergraduate record of outstanding success, as defined by the institution
- Full-time and part-time students are eligible for the scholarship; however, highest priority will be given to full-time students
- Scholarship recipients must maintain no less than a 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Each recipient must agree to teach in a shortage area in Oklahoma public schools for a minimum of three consecutive years upon graduation and licensure as a teacher
- Recipients may receive the scholarship for not more than four years, or the equivalent of four years, of full-time study
For more information, please visit our website.