Community Foundation Sonoma County Scholarship Program
The Community Foundation Scholarship Program offers financial assistance to Sonoma County residents pursuing full-time studies at an accredited college, university or vocational college through our 27 separate scholarship funds. These have been established by generous donors, including individuals, families and organizations from our community.
This program matches eligible applicants to scholarship funds, providing a central application process to simplify access for students seeking financial aid. Students qualify if they:
- Can demonstrate clear financial need in pursuing higher education
- Are a Sonoma County resident, unless otherwise specified
- Plan to attend an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational college
- Plan to be a full-time student, unless otherwise specified
- Have an acceptable academic record
Scholarship recipients are selected on a competitive basis, considering multiple factors. Some funds target students with specific areas of interest to the scholarship donor, including high school attended, cultural background and academic/career focus.
Be sure to check the Eligibility Criteria for each award. In some cases, donors and committees participate in the selection process.