AWS Airgas-Jerry Baker Scholarship
The Airgas Jerry Baker Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student pursuing a minimum four-year bachelors degree in welding engineering (WE) or welding engineering technology (WET); however, priority will be given to welding engineering (WE) students interested in pursuing a career with an industrial gas or welding equipment distributor.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must be a full-time student as defined by the academic institution.
- Applicant must have at least a 2.8 overall grade point average with a 3.0 grade point average in engineering courses.
- Financial need is not required; however, priority will be given to those individuals demonstrating a financial need.
- Priority will be given to those individuals who demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career with an industrial gas or welding equipment distributor by prior work experience, clubs, organizations or extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or Canada and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States or Canada.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Priority will be given to those individuals residing or attending school in the states of Alabama, Georgia or Florida. (A resident is defined as having lived in the specified area for a minimum of one year.)
- Applicants may reapply; however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of four years.
The award will be presented to individuals nationwide. Applicant does not have to be a member of the American Welding Society.
See if you qualify for this award and MANY MORE!
Find FREE Scholarships Instantly!
- Aileen Lee Scholarship
- American Red Cross BloodStock Scholarship Challenge
- ARRL Charles Clarke Cordle Memorial Scholarship
- ASTA Southeast Chapter Professional Development Scholarship
- AWS Airgas Terry Jarvis Memorial Scholarship
- AWS Airgas-Jerry Baker Scholarship
- Carson Scholars Fund, Inc.
- COAG Scholarship
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals
- Dixie Boys Baseball Bernie Varnadore Scholarship Program
- Dixie Youth Baseball Scholarship
- EMU National Scholars Program
- Georgia Governor's Scholarship
- Georgia HOPE Grant Program
- Georgia Law Enforcement Personnel Dependents Grant
- Georgia Mining Foundation Scholarship Program
- Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant
- GEWN Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship
- Indian American Scholarship Fund Scholarships
- JSU Alabama McGee Scholarship
- Julian & Jan Hester Memorial Scholarship
- The B. Phinizy Spalding & Hubert B. Spalding Scholarships
- The Heidelberg College Out Of State Grant
- The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Georgia Scholarship
- Watson-Brown Foundation Scholarships
- Alabama Scholarships
- Alaska Scholarships
- Arizona Scholarships
- Arkansas Scholarships
- California Scholarships
- Colorado Scholarships
- Connecticut Scholarships
- Delaware Scholarships
- District of Columbia Scholarships
- Florida Scholarships
- Georgia Scholarships
- Hawaii Scholarships
- Idaho Scholarships
- Illinois Scholarships
- Indiana Scholarships
- Iowa Scholarships
- Kansas Scholarships
- Kentucky Scholarships
- Louisiana Scholarships
- Maine Scholarships
- Maryland Scholarships
- Massachusetts Scholarships
- Michigan Scholarships
- Minnesota Scholarships
- Mississippi Scholarships
- Missouri Scholarships
- Montana Scholarships
- Nebraska Scholarships
- Nevada Scholarships
- New Hampshire Scholarships
- New Jersey Scholarships
- New Mexico Scholarships
- New York Scholarships
- North Carolina Scholarships
- North Dakota Scholarships
- Ohio Scholarships
- Oklahoma Scholarships
- Oregon Scholarships
- Pennsylvania Scholarships
- Rhode Island Scholarships
- South Carolina Scholarships
- South Dakota Scholarships
- Tennessee Scholarships
- Texas Scholarships
- Utah Scholarships
- Vermont Scholarships
- Virginia Scholarships
- Washington Scholarships
- West Virginia Scholarships
- Wisconsin Scholarships
- Wyoming Scholarships
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
- The Common Scholarship Application
Latest College & Financial Aid News
September 3, 2015
by Susan DutcaWhile many people can recall their college days as being "the best days" of their lives, college is never stress-free. From completing last-minute papers, to studying for midterms and finals or dealing with a stressful breakup, students are expected to balance many social, academic and extracurricular responsibilities. For some, there are many positive lessons to be learned from the college [...]
September 1, 2015
by Susan DutcaWith summer quickly coming to an end, Scholarships.com is keeping you well-equipped with the top ten, hottest scholarships to bring in the new school year. What better way to enjoy the last weeks of summer than to win free college money? With scholarships available for all ages and across a variety of subjects, we've compiled top dollar scholarship opportunities for you - all you have to do is [...]
August 30, 2015
College can be a stressful time, suddenly full of both student and adult responsibilities. However, for some students, it can become more than just stress - potentially a larger issue like depression. If students cannot or will not seek help, the consequences can be severe. Therefore, students need to prioritize their happiness in college, since mental health is just as important as physical [...]