Jewish United Fund Merit Scholarship Program
The Jewish United Fund offers a number of annual merit scholarships to high school, college and graduate students to age 23 who demonstrate significant leadership skills. The purpose of these scholarships is to encourage the development of Jewish identity, nourish greater commitment to Israel and the Chicago Jewish community, and to recognize future leaders.
- Applicant must be enrolled in grade 10, 11 or 12 - OR - must be no older than 23 years old and enrolled in a college or graduate program
- Applicant must reside or attend school in metropolitan Chicago
- Applicant must have applied to or be in the process of applying to an approved Israel Experience program
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership abilities
- Applicant must be committed to participating in communal Jewish activities after returning from Israel