MSLP Governor's Best and Brightest Scholarship
The purpose of the Governor’s "Best and Brightest" Scholarship is to provide Montana residents with greater access to Montana’s postsecondary institutions and Montana’s tribal colleges, through scholarship grants based on academic achievement and financial need. The goal of these scholarships is to relieve student debt burdens, allowing more Montanans to stay in the state upon graduation.
The Governor’s Best and Brightest Scholarship Program is divided into three areas: high school merit scholarships, merit-at-large scholarships and need-based scholarships. Each scholarship is administered in a different way.
The Governor's Merit At-Large Scholarships are intended for undergraduate study at a two- or four-year institution in the United States. A student is eligible to receive a scholarship providing the student:
- Is a resident of the State of Montana
- Has been accepted by or is enrolled at an eligible Montana post-secondary institution
- For scholarships based upon merit, has obtained a high school GPA of at least 3.0 or a score of at least 20 on the ACT or 1440 on the SAT college admission test; and be enrolled full-time at an eligible post-secondary institution;-
- For scholarships based on financial need, has completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and does not have an expected family contribution (EFC) exceeding the cost of attendance at the post-secondary institution the student will attend
- Has not been awarded a Montana University System Honor Scholarship
- If a male, has met the Title IV selective service requirements
- Is not in default on a Title IV or state of Montana education loan
- Does not owe a refund to a federal Title IV or state of Montana student financial aid program
- Is not incarcerated
- Seeking a first certificate, associate or baccalaureate degree
- Enrolled for the next chronological semester or term
This scholarship may be renewed if students:
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Continue full-time enrollment (merit/merit-at-large)
- Continue to have financial need (need-based)
For more information, please visit our website.