The Winston-Salem Foundation Student Aid Program
The Winston-Salem Foundation Student Aid Program provides grants and scholarships to residents of Forsyth County, and student loans to residents of Forsyth and surrounding counties in North Carolina.
* Most WSF scholarships are merit-based, with importance placed on academic performance, extracurricular activities and/or community service. GPA requirements vary.
* Many scholarships administered by The WSF are restricted to Forsyth County residents. However, a number of advised scholarships are available to students (especially high school seniors) in Davie, Davidson, Stokes, Surry, and Yadkin counties, as well.
* Out-of-service area and out-of-state students attending college in Forsyth County usually are not eligible for scholarship consideration. An exception would be North Carolina residents seeking nursing or other health care degrees from North Carolina schools.
* Most scholarship funds are earmarked for students seeking undergraduate degrees. A limited number provide assistance to graduate-level students.
* Many scholarships are renewable from year to year by submission and review of grade transcript. Others must be applied for each year.
* Scholarship checks are issued jointly in the names of the student and the student's school of choice and must be presented to the Financial Aid office.
For more information, please visit: