Endowment for South Asian Students of Indian Descent Scholarship Fund
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to a qualified medical student.
Eligibility for scholarship applicants:
- Applicant must be a Pennsylvania resident for at least 12 months before registering as a medical student (not including time spent attending a Pennsylvania undergraduate or graduate school)
- Applicant must be a South Asian Indian or a descendant of a South Asian Indian immigrant to the United States; the following lineage qualifies: self, parent(s), grandparent(s), or great-grandparent(s) of South Asian Indian heritage.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in an accredited Pennsylvania medical school
- Applicant must be enrolled or entering his/her second, third or fourth year of medical school
- Applicant must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Applicant must submit:
- A completed scholarship application form
- Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant's integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant's medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a second, third or fourth-year medical student at that institution
- A typed one-page essay specifically describing why the applicant chose to become a physician and what contributions he/she expects to make to the health profession