Lighthouse Scholarships and Career Awards
The Lighthouse scholarships reward excellence, recognize accomplishments and help students who are blind or partially sighted achieve their career goals.
There are four categories and each carries a $5,000 prize:
* College-bound Award, for high school seniors or recent high school graduates now planning to begin college
* Undergraduate Award I, for college students who may apply at any time during their undergraduate studies
* Undergraduate Award II, for college students pursuing an undergraduate degree after an absence of ten years or more from high school or from an accredited undergraduate program; students may apply at any time immediately prior to, or during, their course of study
* Graduate Award, for college graduates or college seniors planning to pursue a graduate-level program; candidates may apply at any time immediately prior to, or during, their course of study
- Applicants must be legally blind (i.e., have a best corrected visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye, and/or a visual field of less than 20 degrees). Scholarships are based on academic and other achievements, and candidates are not required to demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must be US citizens, and reside and attend school in any of the following states: CT, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, WV and VT, or Washington, DC. Proof of citizenship will be required of all winners.
For more information and to download the application form, please visit: