The Elmhurst Garden Club Scholarship is for Illinois residents who are college juniors, seniors or graduate students majoring in horticulture, environmental studies, biology, botany and/or other related sciences. Our goal is to encourage the advancement and stimulate an interest in horticulture through education; to provide an outlet for creative expression; to further horticultural education, conservation and landscape design through gift-scholarships.
To be eligible for this award, applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must submit a complete official academic transcript sent directly from the school to the scholarship chairwoman
- Must have a minimum grade point average of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Must submit two letters of recommendation - one from the majoring department and one from a non-related individual
- Must submit a cover letter discussing commitment to chosen career, extracurricular activities, community service and work-related experiences
- Must submit a letter of acceptance (if awarded scholarship)
- Must submit a photo suitable for publication (if awarded scholarship)
- Must present a short program on your major at a meeting of the Elmhurst Garden Club (if awarded scholarship)8) Late applications will not be considered
- Must meet ALL eligibility criteria
The deadline for the application and all required documentation is May 15th.