Washington State Association for Justice's Presidents' Scholarship
The Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) created the WSAJ Presidents’ Scholarship Fund in 1991. Scholarships are awarded annually, averaging $2,000. There may be one or more recipients chosen. Scholarship winners are selected based on the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated academic achievement and planned advancement toward a degree in an institution of higher learning.
2. A documented need for financial assistance.
3. A history of achievement despite having been a victim of injury or overcoming a disability, handicap, or similar challenge.
4. A record of commitment to helping people in need or protecting the rights of injured persons.
5. A plan or commitment to apply your education toward helping people.
6. Residency in Washington State.
7. High school seniors only.
Application for this scholarship must be made as follows. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered:
1. Send a letter (written by the student/applicant) to the scholarship committee describing the qualifications of the applicant and explaining the reasons why he or she feels they deserve the scholarship.
- All high school and community college academic transcripts;
- The name, address, and telephone number of two (2) references, at least one of which must be outside of the school environment;
- A brief written financial statement indicating what resources are available to the student and why this scholarship is necessary to fund the student’s college education (copies of FAFSA are acceptable);
- Name, address, telephone number and email (if they have one) of the applicant;
- Any other documentation the applicant wishes to attach in support of their qualifications and;
- A completed “Application Checklist” form.
Deadline: March 14th (Applications must be postmarked on or before this date.)
Mail to: Susan West, WSAJ Presidents’ Scholarship, 1809 7th Ave. #1500, Seattle, WA 98101.
Questions? Call Susan West at 206-464-1011 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship awards will be made directly to the recipient’s chosen institution of higher learning, to be applied toward tuition, room, board or fees. By accepting funds from the WSAJ Scholarship Program, the recipient agrees without any limitation or further compensation or notice that WSAJ may use the recipient’s name and likeness in any and all media for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Scholarship Program.
See if you qualify for this award and MANY MORE!
Find FREE Scholarships Instantly!
- Anti-bullying Scholarships
- Academic Scholarships and Merit Scholarships
- Acting Scholarships
- Agnostic/Atheist Scholarships
- Athletic Scholarships
- Aviation Scholarships
- Bible Scholarships
- Cancer Scholarships
- Celebrity Scholarships
- College Scholarships and Grants for Single Mothers
- Community Service Scholarships
- Corporate Scholarships
- Dance Scholarships
- Disability Scholarships
- Distance Learning Scholarships
- Easy Scholarships
- Essay Scholarships
- Federal Scholarships
- First in Family Scholarships
- Full Tuition Scholarships
- Green Scholarships
- International Student/Study Abroad Scholarships
- Largest Dollar Amount Scholarships
- Last Dollar Scholarship
- Legacy Scholarships
- Local Scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Non-Academic College Scholarships: Scholarships Aren't Just for "A Students" Anymore
- Online Scholarships
- Prestigious Scholarships
- Religious Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarship Essay Contests
- Scholarship Poetry Contests
- Scholarships for Adult Students
- Scholarships for Average Students
- Scholarships for Gay or Lesbian Students
- Scholarships for Men
- Scholarships for Moms
- Scholarships for Returning Students
- Scholarships for Summer
- Scholarships for Undocumented Students
- Scholarships for Women
- September 11th Scholarships
- Study Abroad Scholarships
- Technology Scholarships
- Transfer Scholarships
- University Scholarships
- Unusual Scholarships
- Veteran Scholarships
- Video Contest Scholarships
- Weird Scholarships
- Women's College Scholarships, Grants & Fellowships
- Writing Scholarships
- Featured Scholarships
- LGBTQ Scholarships
- Scholarship Application Strategies
- Scholarship Information
- Scholarships by Grade Level
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships Trending Now
- Scholarships.com Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Success Stories
- The Common Scholarship Application
Latest College & Financial Aid News
September 1, 2015
by Susan DutcaWith summer quickly coming to an end, Scholarships.com is keeping you well-equipped with the top ten, hottest scholarships to bring in the new school year. What better way to enjoy the last weeks of summer than to win free college money? With scholarships available for all ages and across a variety of subjects, we've compiled top dollar scholarship opportunities for you - all you have to do is [...]
August 30, 2015
College can be a stressful time, suddenly full of both student and adult responsibilities. However, for some students, it can become more than just stress - potentially a larger issue like depression. If students cannot or will not seek help, the consequences can be severe. Therefore, students need to prioritize their happiness in college, since mental health is just as important as physical [...]
August 27, 2015
by Susan DutcaIn the midst of Wednesday's tragic shooting and killing of WDBJ7 journalist Alison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward by alleged gunman and former WDBJ-TV reporter Vester Lee Flanagan, Parker's alma mater, James Madison University is accepting donations for the Alison Parker Memorial Scholarship. Similarly, Patrick Henry Community College, where Parker received her associate's degree, is accepting [...]